|Por orden de su Santísima Majestad, el Dios-Emperador de Terra. La Sagrada Inquisición declara este artículo En Construcción por Adeptus Hispanus. Si encuentra algún problema o falta de devoción por su parte, notifíquelo, un acólito del Ordo Hereticus estará encantado de investigarlo.|
|El Adepto Sabiondus, mascota del Imperio del Hombre, protege este saber; pues es parte del Omnissiah. Pulsa sobre él para aprender más sobre los dominios del Emperador la Humanidad.
El Omnissiah sabe todo, comprende todo. Tus visitas honran al Dios Máquina.
- "How like a God He is, that ancient Machine, primal of all His Kind, the Imperator! His mighty Fists, massive like two Towers of Destruction, laden with Doom of Mankind's bitter Foes. He watches over us now as Battle joins, and in his Shadow we shall advance upon our Enemies and defeat them."
- —Anonymous Adeptus Mechanicus Enginseer
The Imperator Titan is the largest and most powerful variant of Emperor Class titan Titan ever deployed by the Titan Legions of the Adeptus Mechanicus. It is literally a walking fortress and is armed with much more firepower than the next Battle Titan in size, the smaller Warlord-class Titan. An Imperator-class Titan is one of the two classes of super-heavy Titans known as Emperor Titans that also includes the even more rarely deployed Warmonger-class Titan. The Imperator-class of Emperor Titan is a general-purpose assault platform, whereas the Warmonger-class Emperor Titan is a dedicated fire-support unit with more advanced fire control and targeting systems intended to aid its more specialised function. Both classes of Emperor Titan represent the most powerful mobile weapon systems in the arsenal of the Imperium of Man and are often unmatched by any force deployed by the enemy. Emperor Class Titans are extremely rare in the Imperium as the Adeptus Mechanicus has lost the capability to manufacture these monstrous war engines. Due to their immense size, Imperator Titans are not nearly as fast or agile as their smaller Scout and Battle Titan counterparts, but they more than make up for this failing with their sheer firepower and heavily armoured bulk. The Tech-priests of the Mechanicus consider the two classes of Emperor Titan to be avatars of the Machine God, walking incarnations of death intended to destroy all those who have displeased the Omnissiah.
Diseño Editar sección
The Imperator and Warmonger Emperor Titans stand approximately 55.5 metres (182 feet) tall. But this has been known to vary, as the infamous Chaos Imperator Titan Dies Irae of the Legio Mortis that laid siege to the Imperial Palace during the closing days of the Horus Heresy was said to stand approximately 43 metres (141 ft.) tall, a smaller size due to the fact that it had no cathedral dedicated to the God-Emperor on its back since the Imperial Cult had not yet become the state religion of an officially atheistic Imperium. These formidable super-heavy combat walkers are the largest and most powerful war machines at the disposal of the Imperium (with the exception of void ships); their firepower remains unrivalled by any other land unit used by any of the other factions of the galaxy. The size of their arm-mounted primary weapons are surpassed only by the ordnance of the largest vessels of the Imperial Navy. They are loaded to the brim with pre-installed weapons, and their mounts can handle Titan weapons too big for even Battle Titans (they do not carry any of the close-combat weapons, as their sole focus is on extreme firepower). Emperor Titans are very rare, and can crush many weaker war engines. Taking advantage of this formidable firepower, the Imperator Titan bombards enemy positions with an awesome and relentless barrage, far out of range of most of the enemy artillery.
Tripulación Editar sección
Imperator and Warmonger-class Emperor Titans are crewed by one Princeps who commands the Titan and a number of Moderati who control its weapon systems, with multiple Tech-priests and Servitors stationed aboard the massive walker to provide basic technical support and maintenance during combat.
Despliegue Editar sección
In comparison to Battle Titans of all classes, the Imperators and Warmongers are rare with most Titan Legions only able to field three or four in a campaign. These monstrous war engines are commanded by only the most battle-hardened Princeps. Their crews are composed of the finest crew members from other Titans within the Legion. The Titan Legion's Grand Masters often use Imperator Titans as their mobile headquarters from where they can issue commands or lead vital assaults personally. Imperators are most often employed as vast mobile fortresses, strengthening vulnerable sectors of the Imperial battlelines or to act as a reserve force. These Titans spearhead massive assaults when a major offensive begins, their immense firepower being brought to bear against enemy lines. Imperators are not configured to fight other Titans in close combat, relying instead on their deadly firepower to utterly annihilate their opponents before they can close in and engage with them. A complete company of Imperial Guard troops or Adeptus Mechanicus Skitarii soldiers can be housed aboard the Imperator to guard it against infantry assaults or to be transported to vital objectives.
Titanes Emperador notables Editar sección
- Abominatus "Despoiler of Worlds" (Imperator-class Titan) - Abominatus is one of the most terrifying of all the servants of the Blood God. Abominatus is the hellish union of an Imperator-class Titan and aGreater Daemon of Khorne. When it walks the ground shakes beneath its steel shod feet and the enemies of the Blood God quail in fear. This Chaos Titan wields fire and steel against its foes, with flames and gun smoke flickering from each casement and embrasure in its massive body, its soul burns with the unquenchable fire of a Daemon's hate. Abominatus carries a veritable arsenal of weapons built onto its body. Its main armament, the Hellstorm Cannon and Plasma Annihilator, along with its main battery function in an identical fashion to its Imperial counterpart. However the weapons on its main fighting platform are quite different. This Chaos-possessed Titan also has a Scorpion Cannon, a lethal multi-barrelled weapon used for close assaults and is normally mounted on Daemon Engines of Khorne. It possesses Manglers, huge battle claws which can sweep aside battle tanks and flay enemy Titans to twisted metal. As Abominatus is part daemon and part machine, this makes it particularly resistant to psychic attack as well.
- Aquila Ignis (Imperator-class Titan) - The Aquila Ignis was an Imperator-class Titan of the Legio Mortis, constructed in the Daedalia Forge Yards far to the south of Tharsis on Mars. The Aquila Ignisfought during the Schism of Mars against Loyalist elements from the Legio Tempestus in the battle for Magma City, where it was destroyed in the heavy combat.
- Dies Irae (Imperator-class Titan) - The Dies Irae was an Imperator-class Titan of the Legio Mortishwhich was attached to the 63rd Expeditionary Fleet under the command of the Warmaster Horus. This infamous Titan was present during the opening days of the Horus Heresy at Istvaan III, when it followed Horus' orders and helped exterminate the remaining Loyalist Astartes of the Traitor Legions present on that cursed world after they were virus-bombed by their comrades from orbit. The Dies Irae was also present during all of the major ground assaults towards the end the rebellion. The Dies Irae finally met its fate ten millennia later during the siege of Hydra Cordatus in 999.M41 during the 13th Black Crusade when it served as part of an Iron Warriors attack force. When it was confronted by Imperial Titans from the Collegia Titanica, the Dies Irae was critically damaged when a Loyalist Warlord-class Titan detonated its plasma reactor when it was in close proximity to the Traitor Titan, which damaged the ancient Imperator-class Titan's armour. Another Warlord Titan then penetrated the Dies Irae's Void Shields and compromised external carapace with its Battle-Claw and crushed the Chaos-tainted Titan's plasma reactor. The resulting explosion wiped the Dies Irae 's ancient taint from the face of the galaxy forever.
- Dominatus (Imperator-class Titan) - The Dominatus was an Imperator-class Titan from an unknown Titan Legion that fell in battle, fighting against the Forces of Chaos during the failed defence of Lorn V. Laying broken and forgotten for millennia, the lost Titan was rediscovered by the Imperium, and so, theCadian 412th Imperial Guard Regiment, under the command of General Sturnn was despatched to retrieve it. With the aid of the Eldar Farseer Taldeer of Craftworld Ulthwé and her warhost, who was on Lorn V for her own reasons, General Sturnn's regiment fought their way through both the Chaos LordCrull's Blood Legion of Khorne Chaos Warband and the Warboss Gorgutz 'Ead 'Unter's Orks, reaching the fallen Titan before their enemies. Powering up the slumbering god-engine, the Imperial forces were forced to fight the ancient menace, known as the Necrons, which had begun to emerge from beneath Lorn V's surface. Despite the Farseer's betrayal, Taldeer convinced General Sturnn to aid them against this new threat, and so, they made use of the Dominatus' powerful weapons into the Necrons' advancingMonoliths, thus defeating the Necron forces. But in the process, the ancient Titan's core was ruptured in the process, causing it to explode spectacularly, killing General Sturnn and the majority of the Cadian 412th. The Eldar had managed to flee back into the Webway just before it exploded. Those few survivors of the decimated regiment, quickly spread word off-world of the treachery of the Eldar Farseer, and to the present day, their regimental banner bears a black ribbon to mark their failure to recover the ancient Imperator Titan.
- Exemplis (Imperator-class Titan) - The Exemplis was the last remaining Imperator Titan of the Legio Ignatum, worshiped by the Adeptus Mechanicus as an avatar of the Omnissiah. The Exemplis saw its last action on the world of Tanakreg against a large Word Bearers Traitor Legion warhost of the Dark ApostleJarulek. Despite the horrendous casualties it inflicted upon the heretics, the Chaos Space Marinesmanaged to board and destroy the Exemplis after attacking its more vulnerable components.
- Mettalum Olympus (Imperator-class Titan) - The Mettalum Olympus was a notable Imperator Titan, commanded by Princeps Goethe, which managed to almost single-handedly hold off a Tyranid invasion on the ash-choked plains of Horst Prime. Surrounded by an entire horde of Hierophant Bio-Titans, the ancient Titan met its end when the Tyranids managed to breach its plasma reactor. The resultant explosion vapourised everything within a kilometre, leaving a crater that is still visible from orbit.
- Praeco Deictus (Imperator-class Titan) - An Imperator Titan of the Legio Crucius, which had survived the grim days of the Horus Heresy and had won countless victories on thousands of worlds for theImperium. The Praeco Deictus was destroyed, along with other Titans of the Legio Crucius, defending theHive World of Kado from the Forces of Chaos. During the fighting, a hundred Slaanesh Hell-Knightsinfiltrated the main Hive City and emerged to attack the Imperator Titan from the rear where it was most vulnerable, turning it into a pile of molten slag.
- Imperator - El Imperator es uno de los ejemplos más grandes de Titán Emperador. Sólo los Princeps más curtidos en la batalla reciben el mando de un Imperator. En comparación con los demás Titanes de Línea, los Imperator son raros de ver, y la mayoría de Legiones Titánicas sólo son capaces de desplegar 3 ó 4 de ellos en una campaña. Los Grandes Maestres de las Legiones Titánicas los usan a menudo, modificados en mayor o menor medida, como cuarteles generales móviles. Desde allí envían órdenes a toda la Legión, y hasta llegan a dirigir asaltos vitales si la situación lo requiere. Los Imperator son empleados la mayor parte del tiempo como fortalezas móviles, reforzando los sectores vulnerables del frente, o como fuerza de reserva tras las líneas de batalla. Cuando comienza una ofensiva importante, los Titanes Imperator encabezan enormes asaltos de hombres y máquinas, abriendo un carbonizado camino a través de las líneas enemigas gracias a su terrorífico poder de disparo. Toda una compañía de infantería, más sus tropas de apoyo, puede ser instalada a bordo del Imperator para defenderlo de asaltos de infantería o para ser transportada a un objetivo vital. El Imperator está configurado para lanzar salvas devastadoras a todas las distancias, intensificando el fuego a medida que se acerca a su objetivo. Sin embargo, los Imperator no están equipados normalmente para luchar cuerpo a cuerpo con otros Titanes, sino que cuentan con su letal armamento de disparo para destrozar a sus enemigos antes de que se acerquen demasiado.
Según los diagramas, un Titán Emperador clase Imperator mide aproximadamente unos 156 metros de altura. Se ha afirmado que el Dies Irae, el famoso Titán Imperator del Caos que asedió el Palacio Imperial, medía 43 metros de altura, aunque no está claro que tuviera torres góticas al haber servido en la época de la Verdad Imperial.
- Warmonger - El Warmonger es muy similar en su estructura y apariencia al Imperator. Cuál se diseñó primero se ha olvidado en las brumas del tiempo, y todo lo que se sabe seguro es que ambos modelos han servido en las Legiones Titánicas desde mucho antes de la Herejía de Horus. Sin embargo, a pesar de sus parecidos, cada uno cumple una función distinta en el campo de batalla. El armamento del Warmonger está diseñado para ofrecer más capacidad de disparo a distancia que el flexible y multifuncional Imperator. En combate, los Warmonger se quedarán normalmente atrás para aportar fuego a larga distancia, lanzando devastadoras salvas de misiles y disparos láser sobre el enemigo, mientras otras unidades avanzan y penetran en el corazón del enemigo.
Armamento Editar sección
Arm-Mounted Primary Weapons Editar sección
The Imperator and Warmonger Class Titans can carry up to two arm-mounted primary weapons from the following:
- Doomstrike Missile Launcher
- Hellstorm Cannon
- Plasma Annihilator
- Vengeance Cannon
Carapace-Mounted Secondary Weapons Editar sección
The Imperator and Warmonger Class Titans can carry up to six carapace-mounted secondary weapons from the following Titan-grade armaments:
- Apocalypse Missile Launcher
- Gatling Blaster
- Inferno Gun
- Laser Blaster
- Melta Cannon
- Plasma Destructor
- Quake Cannon
- Volcano Cannon
- Vortex Support Missile
- Vulcan Mega Bolter
Extraído y traducido de Wikihammer 40K UK.
- Codex: Titanicus (1ª Edición).
- Adeptus Titanicus (2ª Edición).
- Codex: Tiránidos (5ª Edición).
- Citadel Journal nº 13.
- Deathwatch: The Achilus Assault (Juego de Rol).
- Only War: Hammer of the Emperor (Juego de Rol).
- Titan Legions (1ª Edición).
- Warhammer 40,000: Apocalypse (6ª Edición).
- White Dwarf nº 178, 179, 181, 190 y 194 (Edición norteamericana).
- Horus, Señor de la Guerra, de Dan Abnett.
- Falsos Dioses, de Graham McNeill.
- Los Ángeles Caídos, de Mike Lee.
- Mechanicum, de Graham McNeill.
- El Asedio de Deliverance, de Gav Thorpe.
- Iron Hands (Novela), de Jonathan Green.
- Dark Apostle (Novela), de Anthony Reynolds.
- Hojas de Datos de Apocalipsis - Titán de Batalla Emperador.
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault (Videojuego).